|(Braid) Scots, Lallans|
|Sinasalitang katutubo sa||United Kingdom, Republic of Ireland|
|Rehiyon||Scotland: Scottish Lowlands, Northern Isles, Caithness, Arran and Campbeltown|
Ulster (Ireland): Counties Down, Antrim, Londonderry, Donegal and Armagh
|110,000–125,000 (1999–2011)[kailangan ng sanggunian]|
1.5 million L2 speakers (no date)
In the 2011 census, respondents indicated that 1.54 million (30%) are able to speak Scots.
|Mga maagang anyo:|
|Sistema ng pagsulat||Latin|
|Opisyal na katayuan|
|Opisyal na wika sa||Wala|
— Classified as a "traditional language" by the Scottish Government.
— Classified as a "regional or minority language" under the European Charter for Regional or Minority Languages, ratified by the United Kingdom in 2001.
— Classified as a "traditional language" by The North/South Language Body.
|Kinikilalang wikang pang-minoridad sa||United Kingdom (Eskosya at Hilgang Irlanda)|
|Kinokontrol ng||— Scotland: None, although the Dictionary of the Scots Language carries great authority and the Scottish Government's Partnership for a Better Scotland coalition agreement (2003) promises "support".|
— Ireland: None, although the cross-border Ulster-Scots Agency, established as a result of the Good Friday Agreement, promotes usage.
|Mga kodigong pangwika|
|Linggwaspera||52-ABA-aa (varieties: |
52-ABA-aaa to -aav)
- 7% of the population (100,000–115,000) report using Scots at home in the 2011 census; 10,000 speakers in Ireland are reported by Ethnologue
- Scots at Ethnologue (14th ed., 2000).
- Scotland's Census 2011 – Scots language skills
- Grant, William (1931). "Map 2". Scottish National Dictionary. Tinago mula sa orihinal noong 21 January 2012.
- Gregg R.J. (1972) The Scotch-Irish Dialect Boundaries in Ulster in Wakelin M.F., Patterns in the Folk Speech of The British Isles, London
- "List of declarations made with respect to treaty No. 148". Conventions.coe.int. Nakuha noong 9 September 2012.
[[Talaksan:Padron:Stub/Scotland|35px|Scotland]] Ang lathalaing ito na tungkol sa Wika at Padron:Stub/Scotland ay isang usbong. Makatutulong ka sa Wikipedia sa nito.[[Category:Stub (Padron:Stub/Scotland)]]